Receiving new wineskins give us the capacity to receive His new wine.
So much of my work as a psychologist has been helping my clients move from a negative mindset to one that is God-centered. Whether or not they are currently believing Christians. Because we all have learned to evaluate ourselves and others according to human standards. According to what is visible to us in terms of behavior & success as we have believed it to be.
We dream of miracles & fail to recognize the mindsets that keep us stuck.
It’s as though we have blinders on. And removing them can become a lengthy process. But it doesn’t have to be. Here are a several tips to help you redeem the time of your own development. They all involve your active cooperation with The Holy Spirit.
- Ask for a spirit of wisdom & revelation, instead of the mindset you now have. EPHESIANS 1:17-18
- Read or listen to the Scriptures every day, expecting an expansion of your understanding as you go. ISAIAH 55:8-9
- Meditate upon the fact that His mercies never end. LAMENTATIONS 3:22-23
- Remember that He has far more in store for your life than you could ever imagine. EPHESIANS 3:20
- Surround yourself with others who want to grow in The Lord. Find a spiritual mentor for yourself or join a group of like-minded Christians. HEBREWS 10:25