I spent the better part of the last 18 months in a toxic environment. The woman in charge was fearful. Tight-fisted. Controlling. Max-micro-manager.
She was an emotional bully & my growing disdain for her was understandable.
That is, until the Holy Spirit reminded me of Jesus’ words …
So I began to pray for her. Not because I’m all that great.
But because I was all that desperate.
“Lord, I love WhatsHerName. Please bless her & cause her business to grow. Bring peace to her & her environment so that others will be blessed as well.”
I wish The Lord would have answered my prayers as prayed.
Instead, He chose to change something inside me:
- My compassion grew as my frustration & bitterness melted like wax.
- My strength grew as the enemy of my soul lost his foothold.
I’ve moved on. But I’m eternally grateful for the experience.
- Because it taught me a priceless lesson.
- About the beauty of obedience to The Lord.
- And the mysterious ways He makes us more like Him.
So pray for those who are giving you a hard time.
Because that reveals your identity as a child of your Heavenly Father, Who is kind to everyone. He brings the sunrise to warm & rainfall to refresh whether a person does what is good or evil.
- What reward do you deserve if you only love the loveable?
- Don’t even the greatly-dreaded tax collectors do that?
- Why limit your kindness to just your friends?