We all feel it. The longing for connection. And frustration when it doesn’t happen. It’s a constant battle. One we need to learn how to fight victoriously.
For our struggle is not against flesh & blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world & against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. EPHESIANS 6:12
Essentials for Victory
First, know your Commander.
- Bitterness & strife are indicative of following the wrong commander. He wants you to be just like him.
- Love & joy & peace flow from The Lord. He is Our Commander & He wants you to be more like Jesus.
Second, recognize the proper chain of command.
- The wrong commander will twist your thoughts & desires.
- He will get you to follow him.
- Then he will get you to try to lead your man.
- He will amplify your longing & tell you to take action.
- He will convince you to take God’s promises straight to the man bank.
- To become your man’s commander. To remind him repeatedly that he has relational work to do & that he is failing at it. Miserably.
- The Lord, Your Commander, delights in renewing your mind & fulfilling the desires He has put in your heart.
- He will whisper to you about your longing & invite you into His love.
- He will show you His faithfulness to His promises.
- Put your trust in Him.
- He will command your man with godly wisdom.
- You get to reflect the beauty of your man’s progress. Joyfully.