Have you experienced what you consider to be more than your fair share of failure & disappointment? Most of us have. Consequently, it’s not unusual to experience some depression & anxiety. Perhaps not to the point of being “clinically significant.” But enough to drain our energy.
- We’re down because something hasn’t gone well.
- And/or worried about a future that mightn’t be any different.
If those thoughts & feelings have put you in Survival Mode, I can identify with you on so many levels. Yes, like you, I’ve experienced a lot of failure & disappointment. Which often leaves us with a deep sense of inadequacy.
- You lose all hope.
- You resolve to just hang on.
- To try to create the best life possible in your personal Egypt.
In contrast, we may also choose Management Mode. Determined to beat whatever (or whomever) has kept us from our Promised Land.
- You’ve adopt the popular belief that “if it’s to be, it’s up to me.”
- So you begin to fight. Often against yourself. And everyone else.
- Find ways to whip people into shape. Taking charge is your solution.
But what if The Lord already has The Solution in His mind?
Your circumstances – everything you face & will ever face – are there to draw you back to The Lord. He put specific desires in your heart. And He is The Only One Who can fulfill them. He wants more for your life than mere survival. He also knows that if you take charge, you’ll make a big mess. For someone. Probably yourself. And the ones you love.
So what if God isn’t answering your prayers because He has a Solution in mind that’s way better than what you’ve been praying?
- Why not ask Him what He wants to do? Listen carefully.
- Then pray accordingly. He’ll answer those prayers! (1 JOHN 5:14-15)