Couples often tell me about experiences in previous tries at marriage counseling. Even one bad experience would be too many. But it happens a lot. The counselor seems to decide which spouse is “right” and takes that position against the other.
- Was it intentional?
- Is that what really happened?
- Or was it just one person’s perception of feeling ganged-up on?
Truth is, it could be any one of those possibilities.
- We all have a tendency to see life from our own perspective.
- After all, it’s usually the only point of view we have!
- But it’s not the only point of view that is.
Unfortunately, marriage counseling often fails – simply because it ignores the spiritual reality that is at work.
more about that next time!